The goal of this program is to help form strong relationships between our team’s oldest and youngest swimmers. With your help, we can improve the overall spirit, sportsmanship, and commitment to our team. Any 11 and over swimmer is welcome and encouraged to participate in this program for our 6 & under and new 7-8s.
Big Shark Safety Requirements:
- Must be 54 inches tall.
- Must be able to tread water for 1 ½ minutes.
Big Shark Responsibilities:
- Get to know your Little Shark (they should know your name if asked!)
- Help them understand how a team/meet works.
- Commit to either AM or PM practice & pick a minimum of 2 days that you will attend every week for the duration of the season. (Ex: Every M/W/F PM practice or every M/T/Th/F AM practice), If you can’t make it, switch with a friend or get a friend to cover your duty. *You must attend practice in order to be a kid catcher at that week’s meet.
- Attend meets, serving as a catcher for 6 & under. If you can’t make it, get a friend to cover your duty.
- Support and cheer for your little shark (practice and meets)!
- To have fun and be excited about swimming!
Big Shark Rewards:
- Feel good about helping your team & getting young kids excited about swimming!
- Earn valuable Volunteer Hours (NHS, Beta Club, etc…)
*REMINDER: If you do NOT work your 2 practices, you may NOT kid catch at that week’s meet.
If you would like to be a Big Shark, please complete the form here and turn it in to the Big Shark/Little Shark Coordinator or one of the coaches. Forms will also be sent in an email from REMIND, available at Open House and at the Front Desk. Please ask a coach if you have any questions.